Starcraft: Ghost FAQ
What is StarCraft: Ghost?
StarCraft: Ghost is a stealth-action console game set in the StarCraft? universe.
How will StarCraft: Ghost be different from other stealth-action console games?
StarCraft: Ghost will be different from other stealth-action games in many ways. Taking on the role of Nova, the game’s elite Ghost operative hero, players will be able to:
Utilize a Wide Range of Elite Ghost Abilities
- Outmaneuver your enemies at sonic speed
- Infiltrate bases and sneak past guards using the cloak ability
- Lock down vehicles and electronic devices to immobilize them
- Engage in both face-to-face firefights and planet-scale warfare
- Large-scale battles: Experience a new level of interaction with tactical Calldown abilities.
Leverage the Resources of an Entire Army
- Take control of familiar StarCraft vehicles
- Wield a variety of weapons, such as the Perdition Flamethrower, Gauss Rifle, and Torrent Shotgun
- Join your allies in battle and do your part to ensure mission success
Experience the World of StarCraft in 3D
- See the world of StarCraft on a personal level
- Visit Mar Sara and other familiar planetary settings
- Explore 3D environments designed for strategic interaction
- As Nova, players will be able to hang from wires, climb poles, and negotiate tightropes
Unveil the Next Chapter in the StarCraft Saga
- Experience story-driven missions complete with multiple plot twists
- Play a crucial role in the rich StarCraft history
- Engage in combat with a variety of fully rendered characters from the StarCraft universe, including well-known Terran, Zerg, and Protoss units
What new features have been added since the Blizzard console team took over the development of StarCraft: Ghost?
The goal of Blizzard’s console team has been to expand and evolve the strong foundation already established for StarCraft: Ghost. The majority of this work involves making changes to the graphics engine, incorporating a number of characters, weapons, and vehicles, and designing and implementing StarCraft: Ghost’s new single-player and multiplayer features.
What can we expect to see from StarCraft: Ghost at BlizzCon?
BlizzCon will offer the first opportunity for the public to see StarCraft: Ghost in its current form, with the latest single-player and multiplayer features implemented. In particular, multiplayer has been expanded to now accommodate up to 16 players over Xbox Live and Battle.net. Also, gamers will be able to control newly playable Zerg multiplayer units and experience the newly unveiled “Invasion” multiplayer scenario. The new single-player level that players will be able to see takes place on the lava-scorched planet of Abaddon, which has never been seen by the public prior to BlizzCon.
How many players will StarCraft: Ghost support?
StarCraft: Ghost will accommodate up to 16 players on Xbox Live for Xbox owners and Battle.net for PlayStation 2 players.
How long will the StarCraft: Ghost single-player experience last?
Development of the single-player missions has not been finished yet, but we plan to create approximately 12-15 hours of single-player content.
When will StarCraft: Ghost be released?
While we have not yet announced a street date for StarCraft: Ghost, we anticipate that the game will be complete in 2006. However, as with all of our games, we will not release StarCraft: Ghost until it meets the high standards that our development teams and our fans demand.
On what platforms will StarCraft: Ghost be available?
StarCraft: Ghost will be available on the Xbox and PlayStation 2.
What rating do you expect for StarCraft: Ghost?
With StarCraft: Ghost still in development, it’s too early to determine what ESRB rating it will receive. Right now, we’re wholly focused on making StarCraft: Ghost into a Blizzard-quality console game, and we will have a better idea of what rating it will receive as we get closer to release.
Who is developing StarCraft: Ghost?
StarCraft: Ghost is being created by Blizzard’s console development team.
Why did Blizzard enter the console arena?
We began our early development efforts in console gaming, and we have always been excited about returning to this arena. Additionally, we’ve wanted to revisit the StarCraft universe for some time. With StarCraft: Ghost, we are able to do both. Also, due to the game’s control interface and tactical-action nature, developing this title for the console systems makes the most sense. In addition to expanding StarCraft’s rich storyline, the game gives players a chance to experience the sci-fi universe from an all-new perspective.
Will there be a PC and Mac version?
No. StarCraft: Ghost is being developed for console systems only.
How many copies of StarCraft have been sold?
To date, the StarCraft franchise has shipped over 9 million copies.