• BlizzPlanet is the data controller of data processed through your use of its services.
• The type and nature of the data includes profile and contact details, data relating to your use of the services including game stats, posts, log in, traffic data, data relating to the device you use to access the services.
• We use your data to provide and personalise the services, respond to queries and monitor use of our services. We also use the data to enter you to our Competitions and Contests.
• We may send you marketing materials relating to other services we think may be of interest to you which you can opt out of at any time. We don’t give or sell your data to
third parties for them to market to you.
• We may send you push notifications if you are using an app. You will be given a onetime option to allow such notifications or not. You can always use your device settings to control these.
Please note that the Services may contain links to websites or other services owned and operated by third parties. We do not endorse any such third-party services. We are not responsible or liable for anything that happens to you when you visit or use these services. BlizzPlanet strongly recommends that you review the privacy policies and cookie usage of these third parties.
What data do we collect from you?
1. We collect information about yourself like Name, Email address and Date of Birth. We use this to enter your details for our Competitions and Contests. We may also use this to offer you a personalized experience of our website and for occasional marketing purposes. You will be able to select how we use your information for marketing purposes. You can update your marketing preferences at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
By amending your preferences through the privacy settings of the third parties services, you can easily customize the “shared data” and manage the information you supply to any third party.
How BlizzPlanet use your data?
We may use your data in the following ways:
1. to provide you with the Services (including any newsletter or blog that you subscribe to with us (which you can opt out of at any time));
2. to customise the Services which are available to you,
3. to restrict those we know are under-age from accessing inappropriate content;
4. to ensure that you are in compliance with our terms;
5. to improve the Services, for analysis and reporting purposes and to offer you technical support or respond to your questions. This also includes using data to log any crashes in our provision of the Services, so we may report such interruptions (in this regard, we may use a third party to assist us);
6. to notify you if you have won a competition;
7. to offer you other Services which we think may be of interest to you, by email or push notifications.
What does BlizzPlanet do to protect data?
We have implemented appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and help prevent unauthorised access, maintain data security and correctly use the data we hold.
Whilst we will do our best to protect your data, the transmission of information by you to us is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your data. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your data, we will use the procedures and security features outlined in this section to try to prevent any unauthorised access.
How long does BlizzPlanet keep hold of data?
We will keep data only for as long as it is relevant and useful for the purpose for which it was originally collected and otherwise where required by law. If you’d like us to delete your data and wouldn’t like us to contact you in the future, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.
What data is shared with or accessed by third parties?
BlizzPlanet may share your data with various third parties (including our affiliate companies in other countries) as follows:
1. We use a range of third parties to help us manage your information and the Services, such as our cloud service provider, Customer Service provider, developers, marketing companies and IT maintenance provider. These are companies who process data on our behalf and cannot use it for their own independent purposes.
3. We share your data with our third party payment providers where you have specifically agreed to conduct any in game purchases. These third-party payment providers may also ask us to share your data with them to confirm the nature of any payment transaction and to verify your identity and payment details.
4. We or our third-party partners may disclose your personal information where we are required or permitted to do so by law or to protect or enforce our rights or the rights of any third party. We may also share your data with third parties to prevent fraud, abusive or unlawful behaviour or to demonstrate our compliance with other terms or laws.
5. We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads and/or provide aggregated data to assist in serving ads when you visit or use our Services. We also use web analytics tools, such as Google Analytics, to analyse your use of the Services.
Will data be transferred overseas?
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside of the US such as the UK or the European Economic Area (“EEA”) (where some our third-party cloud-based servers are based) and Switzerland. This transfer is required to host the Services, provide you with support services, perform backups of your data, allow you to use the Services and the Website and to process your payment details if you make any in game purchases.
We will always ensure that any such transfers are conducted in accordance with relevant laws in order to ensure adequate protection.
Our Services are not specifically targeted at children.
For some Services however it may be possible for those under the age of 13 to register (with parental or guardian consent) and your account is limited to those aspects of the Services which we deem appropriate for children. We will collect and process the following data about you:
1. Your date of birth and email address;
2. data which is necessary to respond to a question or one-off request from a user under 13;
3. data relating to your use of the Services (including game stats);
4. data which is necessary to provide parental/guardian notice or consent.
If you would like to review or amend your child’s information, ask to have it deleted, and/or refuse to allow any further collection or use of your child’s information, then please send an email to our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com. Please be sure to include your email address and a telephone number where we can reach you. To protect your child’s privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to help verify your identity before granting you access to the information that we collect and maintain about your child.
We recommend that parents take the time to communicate and educate their children about Internet Safety.
What can I do if I have a complaint?
If you are not satisfied with the way your query or complaint is handled by BlizzPlanet, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about GDPR, please visit https://ico.org.uk/