Part of what makes Valve’s Dota 2 so popular is that the development team shares the content creation burden with the community. Armor sets and weapons are designed by players and fans, approved by Valve, then sold on the Steam market. It’s lucrative for both Valve, who takes a cut, …read more
Blizzard Entertainment recently announced the Blizzard Stream Awards will run until February 5th. All you have to do is to browse through the categories and place a vote.
The nominees will have the opportunity to win prizes from a pool of approximately $45,000.
- Favorite New Streamer of 2013
- Best Community Show of 2013
- Most Educational Stream
- Favorite StarCraft II Stream
- Favorite Diablo III Stream
- Favorite Hearthstone Stream
- Favorite WoW Stream
2013 was a great year for the Twitch streaming community, and many Twitch streamers have dedicated themselves to creating unique content based on Blizzard games. In recognition of their efforts, Blizzard is proud to announce the 2013 Blizzard Stream Awards powered by Twitch. These awards will provide recognition and cash prizes for the best Blizzard content streamers of 2013.
Award nominees will be announced on Thursday, January 30, and award winners will be announced on Friday, February 7, right here on Blizzard’s official community sites and on Blog.Twitch.tv.
For a list of awards categories and to learn how the 2013 Blizzard Stream Awards powered by Twitch works, check out the breakdown below. — source
Bashiok revealed there are plans to add a PvP on/off toggle in Warlords of Draenor for PvE realms. That means flagged players can no longer mount up and stand on an NPC to force players to get PvP flagged accidentally; and can PvP only if the player wishes to participate. In some cases, the PvP system would flag a player out of the blue.
The new PvP on/off toggle system is quite a load of work — it’s basically rewriting the PvP systems from scratch.
Bashiok: Well, I understand where you’re coming from, but flagging as a PvE character is based on a player’s action to flag themselves (even if it’s on accident), so I’m not sure it’s us making you PvP. The systems that can cause someone to flag can absolutely at times be involuntary, which is notably frustrating.
In any case we are continuing toward a goal of a PvP on/off toggle for players on PvE realms to be added in Warlords of Draenor, which would absolutely and in all situations allow someone to refrain from becoming flagged regardless of their actions. Heals toward flagged players would fail, coalescing to PvP realms wouldn’t be possible, misclicks and AoE’s would never damage a flagged opponent, etc. It’s actually quite a bit of work because of all the systems involved, but it’s still something we think PvE players should have, and how the game should work for them.
Blizzard Entertainment continues the Featured Class series detailing the lore behind each hero and its role in Hearthstone.
This time we hear the tale of Gul’dan, the first warlock.
Once called “Darkness Incarnate” and “Destroyer of Dreams,” Gul’dan was the first orc warlock and is considered one of the most powerful …read more
The Pool of Reflection is a new feature to be introduced in Diablo III: Reaper of Souls. It has the same graphics as a Health Fountain, except it is gold-colored. The buff provided by this Pool of Reflection increases XP (experience) by 10% of your XP, stacks up to 10 …read more
Blizzard Entertainment revealed the contents of the Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Collector’s Edition. Follow this link to pre-order while supplies last.
Diablo III: Reaper of Souls PC/Mac Game (DVD-Rom)
Exclusive In-Game Content:
Diablo III Spectral Hound minion
Diablo III Trio of Ageless Helms
Diablo III Malthael Inspired Weapons
World of Warcraft Treasure Goblin Pet
StarCraft II …read more
Throughout 2004 – 2013, there have been 100 millions unique lifetime players (including trial accounts). Some new players come, some players leave, but in average that’s how many players have landed on Azeroth. Of course, would be interesting to learn how many of these accounts were multi-boxers.
100 millions is a mind-boggling number. 100 millions is the approximate combined population of Germany, Belarus and Sweden. Or two times the population of South Korea.
Recently, Blizzard Entertainment launched the Hearthstone open beta. Today, a new trailer has been posted in Youtube to welcome players from all around the world to participate in the open beta.
Deceptively Simple. Insanely Fun. It’s the fast-paced strategy card game for everyone.
Open Beta has begun! Play Hearthstone FREE today: www.playhearthstone.com
Jinx launched a brand-new World of Warcraft Hoodie for this Spring 2014 season. Actually, two Hoodies. How’s that? Well, you may choose the Horde Hoodie or the Alliance Hoodie. How nice is that?
The Azeroth Alliance Hoodie has the Stormwind Lion symbol-shaped zipper, the Stormwind Lion Logo on the front at the heart-level, and a large lion symbol on the back.
The Azeroth Horde Hoodie has a Horde symbol-shaped zipper, the Horde logo on the front at the heart-level, and a large logo in the back.
Both Hoodies have the Azeroth map imprinted in the interior of the Hoodie. The interior is also colored with the same hue as the logos. Grab yours while supplies last. They come in several sizes for men and women.
- World of Warcraft Azeroth Horde Men’s Zip-Up Hoodie
- World of Warcraft Azeroth Alliance Men’s Zip-Up Hoodie
- World of Warcraft Azeroth Horde Women’s Zip-Up Hoodie
- World of Warcraft Azeroth Alliance Women’s Zip-Up Hoodie
Latest Blizzard Licensed T-shirts, Hoodies & Accessories
World of Warcraft Azeroth Alliance Zip-Up Hoodie
World of Warcraft Azeroth Horde Zip-Up Hoodie
The World of Warcraft PTR 5.4.7 is now playable by selecting it in the dropdown menu within the Battle.net Launcher. Rygarius posted the following patch notes. Not all features recently datamined made it to this PTR build. Some will be added over time throughout the lifespan of PTR 5.4.7.
The PvP Season 15 gear is not yet available in this build.
Patch 5.4.7 is now available for testing on the Public Test Realms (PTR). Participating on the Public Test Realms lets you test patches before it has been released.
If you’d like to help test and provide feedback, you can start by copying your character and downloading the PTR client. Once you’ve had a chance to try things out, be sure to visit our PTR Discussion forum to discuss the patch, and the PTR Bug Report forum to report any issues or errors.
Please keep in mind that the notes below are not final, and details may be subject to change before the release of patch 5.4.7.
Updated January 24
World of Warcraft Patch 5.4.7 PTR
- Celestials now drop Season 15 Prideful Gladiator gear in place of Season 14 Grievous Gladiator gear.
- Rare spawns in Krasarang Wilds now only award Honor Points when they are defeated for the first time each day.
- Season 15 has begun! With the start of the new season, Prideful, Prideful Gladiator gear, and weapons are now available for purchase.
- Season 14 Grievous Gladiator gear and weapons can now be purchased using Honor Points instead of Conquest Points.
- Base Resilience for level-90 players is now 77% (up from 72%). Base Resilience for players below level 90 remain at 40%.
- Resilience Diminishing Returns curve for Resilience has been adjusted for the new base resilience value to maintain the same value per point of Resilience as previously.
- Battle Fatigue now reduces healing received while in PvP combat by 65% (up from 55%).
- [PTR ONLY] Flaskataur is back for all your Season 15 gear testing needs. Play him a visit at your faction’s respective shrine in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms.
Battlegrounds and Arenas
- Dampening is now applied to an Arena match starting at the 5 minute mark (down from 10 minutes).
The following NPCs now have more health and deal more damage.
- Alliance: Vanndar Stormpike, Balinda Stonehearth, Stormpike Defenders, Stormpike Bowman
- Horde: Captain Galvangar, Drek’thar, Frostwolf Guardian, Frostwolf Bowman
The following NPCs are now immune to disarm, daze, and Death Grip.
- Alliance: Vanndar Stormpike, Balinda Stonehearth
- Horde: Captain Galvangar, Drek’thar
The following items sold by Mistweaver Ai on the Timeless Isle have been raised to item level 489 (up from item level 476). This change is retroactive to all items that had been purchased previously.
- Cloudscorcher Greatstaff
- Contemplation of Shaohao
- Daylight Protectorate
- Featherdraw Longbow
- Hozen Can Opener
- Ordon Sacrificial Dagger
- Pandaren Peace Offering
- Scavenged Pandaren Dagger
- Shield of the Eternal Noon
- Yak-Herder’s Longstaff