Kinda amusing the StarCraft II April’s Fool joke concerning the Warhound unit playable by Terran, Zerg and Protoss meshed smoothly with today’s Project Blackstone Twitter update.
Dr. Helek Branamoor: I can’t make any sense of those last transmissions from the Dominion. Please clarify.
Adjutant 33-27: Yes, Dr. Branamoor. The signal strength was unexpectedly low, but most of the information is intact.
Adjutant 33-27: ‘BEGIN MESSAGE: ALL DOMINION FORCES BE ON LOOKOUT FOR MISSING TRANSPORT CRAFT.’
Adjutant 33-27: ‘ONLY ONE OF THREE AXIOM ORDNANCE TRANSPORTS ACCOUNTED FOR (ON KORHAL.)’
Adjutant 33-27: ‘FIRST MISSING TRANSPORT LAST SEEN ON MISTAFF IV. PLANET HAS BEEN OVERRUN BY ZERG FORCES.’
Adjutant 33-27: ‘SECOND MISSING TRANSPORT MISJUMPED TO GYRAS SYSTEM (PROTOSS-CONTROLLED).’
Adjutant 33-27: The rest of the message deals with search grid patterns and other protocols, none of which apply to this installation.
Dr. Helek Branamoor: You’re telling me that Axiom Ordnance sent out three transports filled with Warhounds… but only one arrived?
Adjutant 33-27: Yes, Dr. Branamoor.
Dr. Helek Branamoor: And the zerg have overrun Mistaff IV? What the hell is happening out there?
Dr. Helek Branamoor: Route a query to Axiom immediately. Ask if those Warhounds incorporated our modifications. I will not take the blame for this.
Adjutant 33-27: Axiom Ordnance representatives confirmed two days ago that they did incorporate our specifications.
Dr. Helek Branamoor: Damnit.
Dr. Helek Branamoor: Have there been any other transmissions from the Dominion regarding the Warhounds? Specifically ones routed directly to us?
Adjutant 33-27: No, Dr. Branamoor.
Dr. Helek Branamoor: Good.
Project Blackstone Characters on Twitter
Follow Project Blackstone transmedia storyline … go to twitter, and create a new LIST. Title it as “Project Blackstone Crew”. Add all of the Project Blackstone characters to the LIST by visiting their page and clicking the arrow (located left of the “Follow” button) and choosing “Add or Remove from List”. Then check mark “Project Blackstone Crew”.
Visit the Project Blackstone website every week.
- Jake Ramsey (Xenoarchaeologist/Protoss Specialist): https://twitter.com/JakeJRamsey
- Adjuntant 33-27: https://twitter.com/Adjutant3327
- Dr. Helek Branamoor (Chief of Research, Project Director): https://twitter.com/HelekBranamoor
- Major Lee Treicher (Head of Security): https://twitter.com/LeeTreicher
- Dr. Daniel Rothfuss (Astrophysicist): https://twitter.com/DanielRothfuss
- Dr. Talise Cogan (Xenobiologist): https://twitter.com/TaliseCogan
- Dr. Warren G. Held (Xenobiologist, Senior Protoss Specialist): https://twitter.com/WarrenGHeld
- Redell “Red” Quinton (Chief Engineer): https://twitter.com/RedellQuinton
- Dr. Talen Ayers (Xenobiologist, Senior Zerg Specialist): https://twitter.com/TalenAyers
- Dr. Leah A. Martine (Xenobiologist): https://twitter.com/LeahAMartine
- Dr. Pamela G. Foster (Chemical Engineer, Explosives Expert): https://twitter.com/PamelaGFoster
- Dr. Vera Langridge (Xenobotanist): https://twitter.com/VeraLangridge
Kinda disappointed only Starcraft got a joke this year, we’ve been used to more. It was really funny though.
I think April Fool’s is getting more and more over the top every year.. I bet if anything Blizzard decided to take a step back this year. That and their community team has been pretty busy the last few weeks with D3 on Consoles and Hearthstone both being at the PAX event that they probably just didn’t have time this year.