Awesome details of Starcraft II heroes and other gameplay features, thanks to Karune. Wish to submit new questions? Submit your questions to Karune’s Starcraft II Q&A at the following Battle.net Forum Thread.
1. What is the role of heroes in StarCraft II? Will they be the same as in StarCraft?
StarCraft II campaign heroes will fulfill roles similar to what appeared in the original StarCraft single player experience, but they will have even more unique abilities from standard units, and will be more innovatively integrated into the story campaign. Heroes will not be buildable in multiplayer.
2. What is the max unit count population for each faction?
Unit population count for each faction will be very similar to the original StarCraft.
3. Will there be an in-game option to change hotkeys around?
Currently it is planned to have this feature, though much testing has yet to be done on it. We are looking into several innovative ways to make the UI customizable to players, to allow flexibility in their style of game play.
4. Is Karune’s Battle.net Forum Avatar a Protoss High Templar?
Yes it is.
5. Will the Robotics Facility have a similar upgrade to the Warp Gate allowing it to warp units in?
There are no plans for this at the moment. Currently Warping technology is limited to the Warp Gate. Of course, we are still testing and balancing this, and nothing is set in stone.
RTS Community Manager | Blizzard Entertainment
Source: Battle.net Forum