Alliance warships prowl the seas. Horde armies thunder across Kalimdor. Tensions between these factions edge closer to erupting in a savage war that threatens to consume all of Azeroth. Against this backdrop of impending conflict, an uncharted island mysteriously appears…
Shrouded in fog since the world was sundered more than ten thousand years ago, the ancient realm of Pandaria has remained unspoiled by war. Its lush forests and cloud-ringed mountains are home to a complex ecosystem of indigenous races and exotic creatures. Will the mists of Pandaria part to reveal the world’s salvation… or will the battle to control this breathtaking new land push the Alliance and the Horde over the brink into total annihilation?
Blizzard Entertainment’s Mists of Pandaria™, the fourth expansion for World of Warcraft®, unveils an entirely new continent for players to explore and reintroduces the enigmatic pandaren as a playable race. All but the bravest pandaren explorers have been hidden from the world for thousands of years. Now, in the aftermath of the Cataclysm, Pandaria’s heroes are stepping forward to declare their allegiance to either the Alliance or the Horde.
Mists of Pandaria also introduces an exciting new player class: the monk. Pandaren masters will share the extraordinary secrets of their ancient martial arts with members of both the Alliance and the Horde. Depending on how they choose to channel their chi energy, monks can be effective at dealing damage, tanking, or healing.
Even more content and features await as players journey to the new level cap of 90, including flexible scenarios for smaller bands of adventurers, challenge modes for fearless dungeoneers, and strategic companion pet battles for your pint-sized pals.
- New Playable Race — Pandaren: Adventure through Azeroth as World of Warcraft’s first neutral race and decide whether to side with the Alliance or the Horde.
- New Playable Class — Monk: Unlock the secrets of pandaren martial arts and do battle as a damage dealer, healer, or tank.
- Level Cap Increased to 90: Learn potent new spells and abilities while exploring uncharted zones and taking on challenging new content.
- New Zones: Explore the lush Jade Forest, treacherous Kun-Lai Summit, and other exotic areas of Pandaria designed for high-level characters, and uncover the mystery of the Wandering Isle.
- Scenarios: Join up with some friends to achieve a common goal, such as mounting a defense against invading monsters, in a flexible new type of PvE challenge.
- Dungeon “Challenge” Modes: Master the ultimate five-player time trial and earn prestige rewards in a new dungeon mode that will put your resolve and coordination to the test.
- Pet Battles: Challenge other players’ companion pets with your own critter collection in a new tactical mini-game, and find out who’s king or queen of the pint-sized battlefield.
- New Talent System: Customize your character to suit your play style with the newly improved talent system.
Pandareans look great, everyone was asking for them. Starting neutral it’s a great feature, if it works blizz can add tons of new races like that.
I can’t wait to see more about the monk, I loved when they said that they don’t want the class to be auto-attacking, it’ll have a different style of healing… They want the monk pressing buttons and in the melee range even for healing. Should be fun to play!
I think they should be focusing more on the horde vs alliance theme instead of: ‘look, asian theme landscape… asian architecture, cute panda’s farms…’ We want WAR!
I remember back in vanilla, starting as a young alliance paladin… wishing for an instance where you literally RAID orgrimmar with your 40 friends side by side with tyrande and bolvar… facing the raid trash just like you were fighting other horde players in the auction house and the boss are the famous and important npcs, each one in their place in the city… and maybe rescue some alliance main character there (our king), and kill or kidnap another horde leader and loot their place.
In the same raid tier we could have another raid where we defend ironforge from waves of a horde army with the trash again, being like the horde players and the bosses, famous horde leaders, going through the IF ramp, gates and bridges…
For the horde it could also be awesome too, imagine the defense of undercity or the attack at stormwind?
Yeah but 4 raids in one tier is too much for blizz… let’s just waste our human resources in developing pokemon battles and more of the same old raids only with different art, hp numbers and a couple of new mechanics.
If this expansion is not about ONE BIG BAD GUY and about the horde vs alliance conflict, why not do just that instead of going inside a new raid dungeon filled with new races that I don’t care, troubling a continent that nobody even knew existed before yesterday and that would make no difference in the alliance vs horde conflict. If we are saving the pandas that joined our faction, we are also saving the ones that joined the other one. Why not enter their village and kill them all for betraying their brethren and not joining the right side? That’s WARCRAFT!
Not complaining or anything but it does seem kind of weird that the new races would just pick a side and keep moving, as opposed to opting to stay in seclusion as China did. It is a Chinese expansion after all.