Blizzard Careers – Audio Producer
Blizzard Entertainment Recruiter Val Maun (@Azuriel) has been searching for an Audio Producer for several weeks. If any Blizzplanet visitor is looking for a job in this field, or if you know a friend/family or a friend-of-a-friend who is — do some networking to pass the word. Submit a resume here.
Blizzard Entertainment’s audio team is seeking an experienced producer to support voice over (VO) and casting production for all of our franchises. In this role you are charged with continuously improving the quality of our VO and its pipeline in both a local and global aspect. Your primary responsibility will be managing the VO and casting schedule for all of Blizzard’s IPs. This includes planning and coordinating all VO and casting and ADR requests, as well as writing contract requests, interacting with talent and supporting all needs of the VO and casting director. Superior organizational and communication skills are a must as you’ll be collaborating with multiple development and support teams throughout the company (e.g., cinematics, PR, web, creative development, community, all our game teams, etc.).
- Collaborate with the casting and voice over director and the audio production team to create and maintain project schedules.
- Help refine the voice over development pipeline to increase production efficiency and quality.
- Communicate status of voice over content, assets, tools, and features to audio production director and all franchise production directors regularly.
- Supply monthly status updates to audio production director and all franchise production directors.
- Coordinate efforts with internal group including cinematics, PR, web, creative development, community, and game teams.
- Coordinate choir sessions, managing casting for internal modeling needs, and organizing any talent or union related negotiations.
- A minimum of 3 years’ product development experience on AAA titles
- Able to accurately and efficiently manage a large volume of audio tasks
- Able to coordinate with a large number of external contractors including studio resources and actors
- Comfortable dealing with a large amount of legal contracts and talent paperwork
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
- Self-motivated with an ability to work under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Willing and able to travel as needed on short notice
- Able to work independently, and / or within a team
- Computer literate and familiar with MS Office products
- Passion for video games
- Good knowledge of voice over and casting pipeline in video games
- Knowledge of standard and practices relating to union titled video games
- Knowledge of Blizzard and its games
- Working knowledge of employing external audio vendors, such as recording studios and payroll companies
- Working knowledge of audio tools and programs, such as Pro Tools
- Working knowledge of audio, graphic, and movie file types and applications