Tom Chilton is now explaining the abilities of the Death Knight for both: DPS or Tanking roles.
Death Knight Abilities:
-Rise Dead (players get brought back)
-Death and Decay
Death Knight – Resource System
-Class distinction is the key
-Runeblade is core to Death Knight lore
-Runes seemed like a natural fit for the Death Knights resource mechanic.
Spells and Abilities
Class-Defining spells Death Grip
– Raide Dead
– Army of the Dead
– Anti magic shell
Core Tanking and DPS Mechanics
– Blood & Frost Presence
– Anti-Magic Shell & Mind Freeze
– Death Grip & Blood Boil
Blood Boil causes mobs to attack you—it is part of the Death Knight aggro management. Death and Decay being an area of effect serves to gain threat of multiple mobs too.
– Spread the Tanking
– Avoid Rune pigeonholes
– Define each tree
Blood is physical damage and life
Frost is frost damage and control
Unholy is evi stuff and minions
– Introduce new types of Runic Power mechanics
Dancing Rune Weapon
Current Classes – Preview
– Pet Talent Trees
– No shot clipping for Steady Shot
– Divine Hymn
– Guardian Spirit
– Frostfire Bolt
– Mage Armor
3 sec cast – 530 mana
Launches a bolt of frostfire at the enemy causing 722 to 838 fire damage, slowing movement speed by 40% and causing an additional 90 fire damage over 9 sec. If the target is more vulnerable to frost damage this spell will cause frost instead of fire damage.
Calls upon a guardian spirit to heal and watch over the friendly target. The spirit heals the target for 642 points
Entanglight roots indoors
– Totem updates, no more totem spamming. Physical school.
– Many totems affecting nearest members within the raid
– Weapon Enchant updates
Totem effects affect all raid members near the totem, instead of only party members. Shamans get a hex spell for crowd control.
100 mana 20 yard 1 min cooldown 0.5 sec cast. Transforms the enemy into a random critter, reducing the targets movement speed by 75%. While moving the hexed target cannot attack or cast spells. Damage caused may interrupt the effect. Only one target can be hexed at a time. Only works on humanoids and beasts.
– Fan of Knives
– Valid sap targets
– Retribution Paladin itemization
– Hand of Purity
– Some blessings non-exclusive (Freedom, Protection). These blessings will be renamed and taken to another category.
– War 3 classics: Bladestorm, Shockwave.
– Titan’s Grip
– Demonic Circle—it is casted on the ground, allowing players to teleport to that circle any time. No more walking the whole dungeon after wipes.