The Dev Team will launch the public test servers soon.
Westfall Test Server – When players select the PTR in their server list, they will then be able to log in and update their client to patch 1.22. When players select a different server, their client will automatically patch back to 1.21b.
Unfortunately, there has been last minute issues that will prevent the patch from going live on public test servers today. I understand the overwhelming excitement to get into the PTR server to test the new patch and have no desire to give you news of the patch’s delay. Nonetheless, I would like to remind everyone that we are almost there and I will continue to give you updates on the patch’s progress.
The first question I am already working on is how long the delay is. The updates on this will be posted here when I find out.
The second question you probably have is why the patch didn’t go live today. Here is reason from our Producer, “At the last minute we found a problem with the patch which could break the installs of a small percentage of users.” Again, they are only working to make sure the testing and final patch goes smoothly as well as betters your current gameplay experience of Warcraft III.
Please be patient as there will be more updates. Please also keep discussion about the Patch Notes.
Here are the Patch Notes for 1.22:
– There is now a replay auto-save feature in the options menu. Replays
are automatically saved to the “replay” folder.
– Added an option to always show unit and building health bars.
– You can now enable and disable the display of minimap signals
from players and other observers using chat commands:
/showminimapsignals and /hideminimapsignals.
– Scout Tower repair rate changed from 12 to 20.
– Knight damage increased: Attack cooldown changed from 1.50 to
1.40 and base damage increased from 25 to 28 (Average damage is 34).
– Increased Ziggurat base armor from 1 to 5.
– Reduced the build time of the Necropolis from 120 to 100.
– Reduce the Orb of venom poison duration from 10 seconds to 8 seconds.
– Increase the experience gain from Dryads from Level 2 (40xp) to
Level 3 (60 xp).
– The cooldown on unlimited usable items (example: the staff of
preservation) now persists after the item is dropped or traded.
– A cooldown exploit with potions has been fixed.
– When you unburrow a Crypt Fiend, its auto-cast will no longer be toggled
– An exploit bug in which items could lose their cooldowns when transferred
between heroes has been fixed.
Furthermore, these 4 new contest winner maps will be included in the final patch, but not on the PTR: