Starcraft II Q&A Batch 6 is here with new and interesting details of the game.
Karune: The fan questions are definitely getting better and better, so lets keep those going. Submit your questions to Blizzard here.
I hope you enjoy this latest batch of Questions & Answers, highlighting some popular questions about Protoss and gameplay. In our next batch, we’ll be answering some popular fan questions about the Terran Siege Tank amongst several others.
Again, give devs and me a w00t! if you are enjoying these Q&As!
—- StarCraft II Q&A Batch 6—-
1. Are Photon and Phase Cannons 2 different buildings?
The Phase Cannon is the new version of the StarCraft Photon Cannon. There will not be a Photon Cannon in StarCraft II.
2. Will carriers (Tempest) produce more than one drone type?
Not at this time.
3. Fans noticed in your art video that thye Colossus ground unit was under fire from missile turrets. Is this due to the Colossus’s exceptionally high attack profile (tall stature) or a ground-to-ground attack feature/option for the turrets?
Because of the Colossus’s height, it will be susceptible to Anti Air defenses like the Terran Missile Turrets, as well as both ground and air attacks. It is possible for the Colossus to be hit by ground and air attacks at the same time.
4. Will there be critters units and can they attack?
There will be critters, but they wont attack. If they did they would be creeps.
5. Will holding the Alt button show unit/building hit points overhead as they did in Warcraft 3?
Yes, when holding the Alt button, all health bars of buildings and units on the screen will be displayed. This is an excellent way to quickly assess which units are healthy and which units are damaged.
—-End of Transmission—-
RTS Community Manager | Blizzard Entertainment
Additionally, a swedish magazine “Super Play” revealed new Terran Units for first time. You can see some of the units below.