GamesCom 2011 will be held through August 17-21, and we will try to gather as much links and info as possible throughout the next few days. You can check out the whole Blizzard schedule at GamesCom here.
The first addition to GamesCom 2011 round up comes from Diablo-3.net and it is gonna leave you jaw-dropped. Blizzard Entertainment unveiled a massive poster placed on the ground near the German City Gate of Hahnentor at Rudolfplatz.
IT’S AMAZING! The kind of work to create this poster is staggering. It looks like Blizzard took a photo of the ground of Hahnentor some time ago, painted the photo in Photoshop then printed a real-life sized poster to place at the exact place they planned to put it at. However, it was all painted on the fly over cardboard by an artist. I mean — this thing looks beyond awesome. It is also an optical illusion. It really looks like Diablo and some demons are coming right out of the ground. The art was photographed every 30 minutes, so there might be used later on for a “The making of” or “Behind the Scenes” video later on.
On a second note, rumors that Diablo and his brothers merged into one being seem to take strength. In this new view of the Diablo shown in the Cinematic Teaser Trailer (2008) you see Diablo with four hands. Those hands look like those of Mephisto. Only there doesn’t seem to be much of Baal’s features (tendrils and spider-like limbs). Check out more photos and two videos at Diablo-3.net.
World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Patch 4.3
- Three five-player dungeons with new models (One in Caverns of Time), and a Deathwing raid dungeon.
- Ethereal NPCs in major cities.
- Transmogrify: The NPC merges two armors into one. Say you love Tier 3 set. Place it at the Transmogrify interface and add your current Tier 11 set. Your Tier 11 set looks now like
- Tier 3 but keeping the Tier 11 stats intact.
- Transmogrified items must be same type (i.e. mail / mail, cloth / cloth) and stay within the class requirement.
- Void Storage: A pocket dimension which adds 100-150 item slots obtained with gold currency. Separate from the normal Bank. However, downside is the items lose the gems, enchantments and profession-crafted items lose the text of the player who created it.
- Raid Finder: Operates the same way as does the dungeon finder.
- Deathwing fight is the most epic encounter to date including a battle phase over Deathwing’s back while he flies.
- Patch 4.3 is the last content patch of Cataclysm.
- New Expansion in the horizon to be announced at BlizzCon 2011 (October 20-21)
- Diablo III Inferno Mode- Kotaku
- WoW: Cataclysm 4.3: Deathwing Dungeon- Kotaku
- WoW Transmogrification- Gamona.de
- Caverns of Time: War of the Ancients? – Buffed.de (German)
Diablo III Inferno Mode – Press Conference (Day 1)
Jay Wilson on Inferno mode items and Auction House – Gamespot
Blizzard Booth Tour
- PCGames.de – Jay Wilson
- Gamona.de – Jay Wilson (Video)
- StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm – Gamona.de (google translation)
Check out the Blizzplanet: GamesCom 2011 News section for more.