DC Comics Diablo # 2 is now available at comic shops, newsstands and online. Do you live in Europe, Asia or anywhere the comic book is not available? Sweat not. You can read Diablo # 2 right off your internet browser!
Create an account here. I’ll guide you step-by-step.
1. Click the login link at the top. A popup will show up.
2. Beneath the login boxes is a link titled “sign up”. Click it.
3. Fill out your email and login details.
4. Click the Diablo # 2 image or the price tag to add it to the cart.
5. Click the cart button at the top-left corner of the page.
6. Process checkout. You might need to provide credit card/payment info.
7. Click the Home icon at the top-center, and search for Diablo # 2. It now has a “Read” tag. The comic book will be launched in your browser.
8. You can read the comic book again and again anytime by going to “My Comics”.
Backorder the physical Diablo # 1 and Pre-Order Diablo # 3 here.
Diablo # 2
The Dreadlands are being corrupted by madness, causing its victims to open their flesh and lash out at friend and foe alike. Jacob, a young fugitive from the city of Staalbreak, may be Sanctuary’s only hope to stop this plague before it consumes or destroys mankind. His destiny is bound to a mysterious sword and the woman who watches over it, but his own troubled soul may keep him from embracing its true power in time.
Written by AARON WILLIAMS
Art and cover by JOSEPH LACROIX
In this issue, Jacob has a flashback of the moment he kills his father. In the present, he looks at the carvings within a cave, and hears the singing of Tyrael’s sword calling to him.
The wizard Shanar makes her debut. She reveals who she is, and joins Jacob as his protector. Readers get to learn bits of the High Heavens and the Crystal Arch through Shanar.
I’m a bit disappointed that the sword doesn’t talk to Jacob, nor imbues him with wisdom, or powers. He’s easily overcome by a group of guards who come after him for the murder of his demented father.
Hopefully, we get to see more action in issue # 3.
The madness befalling his homeland denizens in Staalbreak is due to a curse brought by the Barbarians.
Those who have played Diablo II, might remember a few locations mentioned in this comic book. Jacob and Shanar take refuge at The Forgotten Tower, the ruins found in Black Marsh — in-game during The Moldy Tome quest. Players might remember The Countess and the Goatmen in that location. Issue 3 might get interesting.