Blizzard Entertainment celebrates today the 10th Anniversary of Starcraft.
“We’re celebrating the ten-year anniversary of StarCraft by taking a look at the game that left an indelible mark on the real-time strategy genre, became a cornerstone Blizzard Entertainment franchise, and enthralled millions around the world with its compelling gameplay and rich universe.”
Update 3-31 9pm: IGN has a 3-pages-long 10th-Anniversary Q&A with Frank Pearce, Sam Didier and Chris Sigaty.
Check back soon. A little something will be updated today at Blizzard.com =) … Barney would be proud.
UPDATE: From Blizzard’s Official Site:
In celebration of StarCraft’s 10-year anniversary, we’d like to invite every one of you to participate in our “I <3 SC" photo mosaic project, which will be a compilation of photos featuring StarCraft enthusiasts from all around the world. This is your chance to be a part of StarCraft history, as we bring together 10 years worth of StarCraft players from all age groups and nationalities into one massive wall of StarCraft. Image Submission Parameters: Please create/take a picture including our StarCraft "I <3 SC" image in creative and unique ways. This picture must be in jpeg format, have a resolution of at least 1024 x 768, and be no greater than 2 MB in size. As long as the "I <3 SC" logo is clearly visible, images can be digital photos or third-party generated content. These picture submissions will be used to form a mosaic that will be featured on our website. Read the full contest rules and submission link.
|Download “I <3 SC" images:|
**Expect a Blizzard-sponsored Starcraft Tournament announcement soon.
**Tomorrow will be a Moostastic day in Starcraft history …
SAMPLES OF “I <3 SC" MOSSAIC
Below you have an extensive list of press coverage of the Zerg posted at the Starcraft 2 Community page.
A week ago the Swarm arrived; we could see the Zerg taking over the news cycles of major gaming networks. Check out the extensive coverage on this extraordinary event!
- Check out TeamLiquid where the staff members semioldguy and Last Romantic posted their coverage in the StarCraft II TeamLiquid Coverage Part I and Part II with detailed game decriptions. If you have any questions, you can Ask LR about StarCraft 2 or Ask semioldguy about StarCraft 2.
- On Starcraft.org you can take a Photo Tour to have a look at the Blizzard Museum and check out the Emmy that was awarded for the South Park episode. Read their article on the Swarm for more Zerg hands-on experience.
- GosuGamers takes a look at the Queen in StarCraft II and answers your questions in the Open Q&a with Raistlin. They also published an Interview with Samwise Didier. You should also take the time to see their Zerg Unit fact sheet and the Community Reaction to Zerg as well as the reactions of the ProGamers with the match-up between sAviOr and Bisu and the Pros Perspective on SC2
- sclegacy has put together a report of their “Day at Blizzard” headquarters with an insight on the campus as well as their thoughts on the Zerg and the Gameplay of StarCraft II.
- IncGamers also stopped by the Blizzard headquarters and has plenty of information for you in their Zerg coverage with the official trailers, a preview on the Zerg Queen, the Press Q&a and the general Zerg Preview covering all units.
- On the fansite Starcraft2forum Joneagle_X writes about his trip to Irvine. For more information have a look at his Q&a Thread and his model of the new redesigned Nomad!
- Last but certainly not least GameReplays also gives you an insight on their visit to Blizzard and get to test StarCraft II themselves. Check out their impressions in the StarCraft II Zerg Details & Trialer.
- More information is available on sc2blog who have a summary of everything that has been going on the past couple of days in their Blizzard’s Rush: 36 hours of Zerg
If you still don’t have enough of these fan reports you should have a look at the interviews, videos and articles on known gaming sites:
- GameSpot: Hands-on – Zerg Rush, Interview with Art Director Samwise Didier (Video) & Interview with Lead Game Designer Dustin Browder (Video).
- IGN: StarCraft II Hands-On, StarCraft II Zerg First Look, Video Special: Blizzard Studio Tour, Zerg Unit and Zerg Structure list and Video Interview with Chris Sigaty as well as Zerg gameplay trailers.
- Gametrailers: Interviews with Chris Sigaty on Zerg Evolution, Comparison Interview and Recapturing the Magic – Interview with Art Director Samwise Didier
- Gamespy: StarCraft II Preview, Interview with Dustin Browder