And so we go again. Let’s start compilating the easter eggs showin in the Starcraft 2 website, and Gameplay video. Submit yours here if its not mentioned below.
1. A huge female night elf hologram dances atop a building. The same /dance of the MMORPG, which is from a coreography of Alizee – J’en Ai Marre.
2. Protoss Colossus and their ray special effect—look like tripods from War of the Worlds film.
3. Droships in Starcraft 2 behave exactly like in the Starcraft: Ghost Teaser Trailer, rotating their engines upside down and landing vertically. This feature in real life is from the Hawker P.1127 prototype which spawned the Harrier Series of Jump Jet—Vertical/Short Takeoff and Landing (V/STOL).
4. Not exactly a Easter Egg, but Highway Signs say Kel-Morian Combine. Will the storyline take us to visit the Terran faction with most resources in Koprulu sector?
5. Phase Prism – teleport animation looks similar to Tron Film.
6. Nydus Worm – Dune Film/Book.
7. The Banelings create a GG shape at the end of the gameplay video—a multiplayer term for Good Game after owning/wiping the opponent.
8. Not sure about this one. For some reason the Phoenix ships remind me of Stargate SG-1.
9. One of the signs: Nuke Cola.
10. The Zealots’ pose as they walk forward keeping an arm arched to the front and the other arm in the back looks like Wolverine’s charge pose.