Blizzard CEO recently told MCV the Next-Gen MMO is new IP, and as such requires the Creative Team to develop a new universe and story from scratch. Like all Blizzard franchises, each universe has its own line of books, action figures, T-shirts, and other merchandise. Blizzard is aggressively looking for a Franchise Development Producer to build relations with companies to develop licensed products based on the Next-Gen MMO. Interested? Do you fill the shoes and have the experience on your shoulders?
Feel free to apply. Join Blizzard Entertainment.
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a highly organized individual with outstanding communications skills, proven experience in production, and a track record of shipping AAA products to help lead the efforts on its next-gen MMO.
- Be the key evangelist for producing products which expand the next-gen MMO brand outside of the gaming industry, ensuring alignment with Blizzard Entertainment’s overall brand strategy.
- Be the key liaison between the development team and other functional teams within Blizzard Entertainment (e.g. creative development, licensing, marketing, legal) to create brand-extending merchandise for the next-gen MMO franchise, including:
- Books / Novels
- Action figures
- Short movies
- Work with major consumer brands to facilitate product placement and licensing within the world of Blizzard Entertainment’s next-gen MMO that enhances the gameplay experience.
- Direct strategic analysis of market trends and competition.
- Build and manage internal and external partner relationships.
- Work with legal team to define and conquer any legal hurdles necessary to execute the franchise vision.
- Demonstrated passion for computer games and related entertainment products / media (i.e. comics, movies, toys, etc.)
- Outstanding communications, project management, and relationship-building skills
- A minimum of 3 years product management, licensing, or business development experience in the entertainment or toy industries
- Able to work well in a team environment with various internal groups such as creative development, marketing, legal, Blizzard Entertainment development teams, etc.
- Able to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Outstanding networking skills
- Bachelor’s degree