Blizzard has just released the trailer for Patch 5.4: Siege of Orgrimmar and it is amazing! Probably my favorite patch trailer they’ve ever done. We see exactly how the Vale of Eternal Blossoms became corrupted, and a showdown between Taran Zhu and Garrosh that’s been a long time coming. Let’s just say it doesn’t end too well for one of them.
Now that you’ve watched it, lets discuss something I found interesting about this trailer: Garrosh’s reason for destroying the Vale. He claims “the heart thirsts”, and this along with several quotes datamined from the actual Garrosh fight allows us to draw the conclusion that the heart of Y’Shaarj is directly telling Garrosh what to do. This of course opens a can of worms in regards to what is really going on here, and who exactly is in charge. Dave Kosak has been adamant that Garrosh is not corrupted, he is fully in control of his actions here, and yet the heart is giving him directions.
What can we take from this? There is of course the idea that yes, Garrosh is corrupted if he’s taking instructions from an old god, but there’s another, perhaps more chilling idea. Could Garrosh be listening to Y’Shaarj and fulfilling the hearts will for his own gain, of his own free will? In other words, is he the one controlling Y’Shaarj? Y’Shaarj is in a state of existence we haven’t seen any old gods in before, a “dead dead” state according to Blizzard. Perhaps he is weaker, unable to corrupt someone as strong-willed as Garrosh, allowing the Warchief to use an old god as a tool. The idea of a mere mortal controlling an old god is a tantalizing one, and assuming this is what Blizzard was going for, I’d love to see it explored further.
Beyond the Real Life is a new World of Warcraft machinima created by Almost Done Productions. The movie will debut in December 11, 2010, but you can now watch the teaser trailer.
A couple years ago, I met Kazo in Paris during the Blizzard Worldwide Invitationals. He was very kind to record videos of the panels when Diablo III was announced. He also interviewed Richard A. Knaak on our behalf with questions submitted by our visitors during the Istrocon 2008 in Slovakia.
Myndflame released a new Christmas Machinima featuring Arthas Menethil aka The Lich King – who explores his feelings for the Winter’s Veil season. Directed by Johan V
With Christmas right around the corner, Myndflame featured some of the best Machinima movies for the holidays. In addition to those listed below, Myndflame has a few more debuting next week including Johan’s version of “Winter Wonderland” sung by Arthus, and “The Grinch”, a community collaboration by Teagen, creator of “I’m too Pally”.
- The Bells of Northrend, by Kamuraki, a frosty themed WoW video complete with the WoW band
- To Home For Christmas, by Baron Soosdon. Another top notch movie by one of WoW’s leading machinima makers
- Kael’thas and the Santa Claus, by Ian Beckman. The maker of Azerothian Super Villains has made this little film just for Christmas.
- WuaG: The Winter’s Veil Whiners, by Mushanga. Frost Mages take over the Winter Veil celebrations. One for Gnome fans!
- Ugly Goblin’s Christmas, by FireboltPro. A touching tale of a Goblin who comes good in the end.
- Oxhorn’s Christmas Special, by Oxhorn. This old favorite makes a return for this special time of year.
- Thrall’s Christmas Tree, by AFK PLAYERS. Thrall gives a difficult quest to a young Tauren.
Watch all these machinima videos below …