Forbes >interviewed Blizzard Chief of Operations (COO) Paul Sams, who debunked rumors that BlizzCon 2010 would be the platform to reveal the Next-Gen MMO. A particular comment no doubt keeps the rumor mill engines going forth. The Next-Gen MMO now counts with 140 employees and development is at full speed.
|| Blizzard Quote:
||“We have built a development team for that product from our top talent here and augmented it with some of the best and brightest from around the industry,” Sams says. “The product is something we think is going to re-design the way these types of games are looked at.”
In August, Activision Blizzard chief Bobby Kotick suggested that the new MMO would not be based on existing franchises, in the company’s first-quarter conference call.
Sams dispelled rumors that the company would be saying anything new about the upcoming game at its BlizzCon videogame conference at the end of this month. “It’s not something we’re announcing at BlizzCon,” he says.
JINX has a new promo sale of 15% off all products for Orders $45+ on World of Warcraft, Diablo III and Starcraft II T-shirts.
Use Promotion Code at checkout: BROLOFACE
This offer expires Monday, October 25, 2010 at 11:59PM PDT, so don’t wait! Can’t be combined with any other offers or discounts.
Browse through the gallery below to see proud Blizzard geeks wearing their favorite game themed t-shirts.
- Over 240 World of Warcraft T-Shirt designs available.
- Starcraft II T-shirts, patches, keychains and car stickers may be found here.
- Diablo III T-shirts, patches, keychains and car stickers may be found here
Bashiok posted the last pre-Blizzcon 2010 preview of Diablo III gear sets. The male Barbarian goes Wolverine stabbie-style with every punch with this meanie gear set.
Check out the other previews:
The latest Gaming Laptops have an Intel Core i5 or Intel Core i7 Sandy Bridge CPU. Gamers usually get Alienware laptops to play intense video games.
Anker® AH221 USB 3.0 7-Port Hub with 1 BC 1.2 Charging Port up to 5V 1.5A, 12V 3A Power Adapter Included [VIA VL812-B2 Chipset and updated Firmware 9081]
Blizzard revealed the BlizzChat schedule to be held at BlizzCon 2010.
|| Blizzard Quote:
Our primary motivator when hosting each BlizzCon is to provide an epic atmosphere for members of the community to meet up and share their common passion for Blizzard games. In keeping with that tradition, at this year’s BlizzCon we’ll be facilitating the first-ever BlizzChat: Community Live!
Attendees will be given a venue to discuss a number of focused topics pertaining to the Diablo, StarCraft, and Warcraft universes and gameplay. If you’re coming to BlizzCon at the Anaheim Convention Center this October 22 and 23, be sure to check out the schedule below. Don’t miss the opportunity to share your thoughts on a wide array of subjects with fellow gaming enthusiasts.
BlizzChat: Community Live!
Meet up with fellow Blizzard gamers face-to-face to discuss various topics of interest! BlizzChat will take place in meeting rooms 201A and 201B, located on the second floor of the Convention Center near the top of the escalators.
Friday, October 22:
Meeting Room 201A
- World of Warcraft: Achievements – Noon to 12:50 p.m.
- World of Warcraft: Guild Leaders – 1 p.m. to 1:50 p.m.
- World of Warcraft: UI Development – 2 p.m. to 2:50 p.m.
- World of Warcraft: Dungeons and Raids – 3 p.m. to 3:50 p.m.
- World of Warcraft: PvP Battlegrounds – 4 p.m. to 4:50 p.m.
- World of Warcraft: PvP Arenas – 5 p.m. to 5:50 p.m.
Meeting Room 201B
- SCII: Achievements – Noon to 12:50 p.m.
- SCII: Map Developers – 1 p.m. to 1:50 p.m.
- SCII: Multiplayer and eSports – 2 p.m. to 2:50 p.m.
- Diablo III: Gear and Items – 3 p.m. to 3:50 p.m.
- Diablo III: Gameplay and Systems – 4 p.m. to 4:50 p.m.
- Diablo III: PvP – 5 p.m. to 5:50 p.m.
Saturday, October 23:
Meeting Room 201A
- World of Warcraft: Leveling/Quests – 11 a.m. to 11:50 a.m.
- World of Warcraft: Classes – Noon to 12:50 p.m.
- World of Warcraft Professions: Crafting and Gathering – 1 p.m. to 1:50 p.m.
- World of Warcraft: Lore and Story – 2 p.m. to 2:50 p.m.
- World of Warcraft: Role Playing – 3 p.m. to 3:50 p.m.
- World of Warcraft: TCG – 4 p.m. to 4:50 p.m.
- Blizzard Cinematics – 5 p.m. to 5:50 p.m.
Meeting Room 201B
- SCII: Race Strategy – 11 a.m. to 11:50 a.m.
- SCII: Lore and Story – Noon to 12:50 p.m.
- Diablo III: Classes – 1 p.m. to 1:50 p.m.
- Diablo III: Lore and Story – 2 p.m. to 2:50 p.m.
- Warcraft I, II, III, and Expansions – 3 p.m. to 3:50 p.m.
- StarCraft and Expansion – 4 p.m. to 4:50 p.m.
- Diablo I, II, and Expansions – 5 p.m. to 5:50 p.m.
Blizzard released a sneak peek view of the Male Wizard Gear set to be seen in the Diablo III demo at BlizzCon 2010.
Over 20,000 BlizzCon attendees will attend the Blizzard Entertainment cult-driven event BlizzCon 2010 to be held at the Anaheim Convention Center through October 22-23/2010.
The floormap of the event is now available for viewing to plan and organize your calendar schedule.
Job seekers who wish to join the Blizzard crew should bring their resumes, and video reel or art portfolio to the booth. (thanks, Vincent)
Cryptozoic Entertainment (WoW TCG Cards)
Pocket Books (Simon & Schuster, Inc.)
Blizzard Recruiting (Jobs)
3 Point Press (WoW Steins)
Western Digital (Hard Drives)
Vasco (Blizzard Authenticator, security solutions)
Bashiok added a new image to the official Diablo III Twitter. The female Witch Doctor features one of the gear sets that will be seen in the Diablo III demo to be playable at BlizzCon 2010.
Check out previous Classes gear set previews here.
The Game Developers Conference (GDC) Online was held through October 5-8, 2010 at the Austin Convention Center in Austin, Texas. The event had the presence of some Blizzard developers including Battle.net Project Director Greg Canessa. A few Diablo III and Starcraft II interviews are starting to pour into the internet.
Blizzard Entertainment won the Best Community Relations Award at the First Annual Game Developers Choice Online Awards. Big kudos to Nethaera, Bashiok, Karune and the whole Community Team.
The Best Community Relations Award
The Best Community Relations Award honors the currently operating online game that provides the highest quality community feedback and experience, including customer support, forum moderation and leadership, weblog and information updates, real-life events, and other community outreach.
- Blizzard Community Team
- Wizard101 (KingsIsle Entertainment)
- Free Realms (Sony Online Entertainment)
- EVE Online (CCP)
- Guild Wars (ArenaNet)
Blizzard Entertainment has released three images of the Diablo III gear set samples for the male Witch Doctor, female Wizard and female Barbarian. More images will be revealed on each Tuesday and Thursday leading up toward BlizzCon via the official Diablo III Twitter and Facebook.