At this point most of you are already level 70 or almost there. You have raided Shattered Halls often. One day you run to the gate to zone-in into Shattered Halls just to discover and realize you can’t open the gate. Always someone in the team opens it for you. So now you wonder … how do I acquire the Shattered Hall Key?
Not many know where is the quest to get it or what NPC starts the quest. Now you will know. You need to be level 66 to loot the key mold. However, you don’t get the quest activated until you are level 68.
1. Go to Shadowmoon Valley.
2. Find Smith Gorlunk at the Ata’mal Terrace in the Black Temple. He is at a Blacksmith forge on the northwest corner of the Ata’mal Terrace (Coordinates: 67,36). If you don’t have a flying mount yet, take the ramp up toward the Ata’mal Terrace. At the top of the entrance ramp, to your left is the Blacksmith forge. You don’t even have to go further inside the terrace.
3. Kill Gorlunk—he is pretty easy and you can solo him. Just make sure to pull him to a safe spot in the mountain side. There is an elite Drakonid patrolling and he stops his patrol near the Blacksmith shop.
4. Loot the Primed Key mold from Gorlunk and click that item in your bag. It begins a quest titled: Entry into the Citadel—asking you to talk to Nazgrel in the Barracks of Thrallmar (Hellfire Peninsula).
5. Nazgrel asks you to talk to the Thrallmar Grand Master Blacksmith Rohok—who in turn gives you the quest to find three ingredients for the key: 4 Motes of Fire, 4 Fel Iron and 2 Arcane Dust.
6. Once you gather the materials, Rohok will ask you to kill a Fel Reaver. Your best bet if you can’t find someone to help is to wait on the east side of Thrallmar’s outdoor—by the Blood Elves that kill some Infernals. Stay in that area and wait until a Fel Reaver shows up. Pull the Fel Reaver and run toward the Blood Elves. They help you kill the Fel Reaver. Once death, click the Unfired Key Mold item in your bag near the Fel Reaver. Return to Rohok to get your Shattered Hall Key.