Click image to Order
I just received a special gift from Richard A. Knaak and Susan Hale (Tokyopop Director of Public Relations). Many thanks to both of you. This is a priceless gift. I had no idea this Warcraft: The Sunwell Trilogy Ultimate Edition would be so cool. I already have the trilogy as stand alone manga books. However, this Ultimate Edition blew my mind.
First off, when the UPS package arrived I was wondering if this would be the Manga or something else. It was so flipping heavy. Once I opened the package, I saw this huge book of 592 pages, approximately 7.5” width x 11” height. Sturdy and thick Hardcover, rock solid with a new front cover artwork by Jae-Hwan Kim. This Ultimate Edition will last many years to come with such solid materials. Sadly, the Manga is still black and white.
So what’s different. Why not just pick up the three smaller stand alone Manga books? Well, get a napkin to contain the excessive drooling.
1. An eight-page, full-color prologue written by Richard A. Knaak and illustrated by Jae-Hwan Kim, not available in the three original volumes, featuring the story of the arrival of Dath’Remar Sunstrider and the highborne to the place they would name Quel’Thalas. The use of the Vial of the Well of Eternity to create the Sunwell. How they rose from scratch the spires of High Elven architecture from nothingness just by commanding the arcane magics of the Sunwell. The artwork matches perfectly the in-game architecture shown in World of Warcraft: Burning Crusade.
2. An afterword letter from Chris Metzen – Blizzard Vice-President of Creative Development
3. Artist’s sketchbook: behind-the-scenes development art by Jae-Hwan Kim: Anveena, Jorad Mace, Tyrygosa, Sylvanas, Kalecgos, and Groth.
4. Alternate Cover and concept sketches.
5. Color art gallery including covers to all three original volumes, including the alternate cover from the KAPLAN edition and an alternate colored cover with Tyrygosa.
6. A full-color unbound Warcraft: The Sunwell Trilogy Ultimate Edition pin-up suitable for framing.
7. An Upper Deck World of Warcraft trading card illustrated by Jae-Hwan Kim, titled: Leader of the Bloodscale Rajis Fyashe. Not only you get the card, you get a full-page big-size copy of the card within the Ultimate Edition.
The Warcraft: The Sunwell Trilogy Ultimate Edition is a very good choice for a special Christmas Gift for your Warcraft lore addict loved one: be it your son, daughter, wife, girlfriend, husband, boyfriend; or a nice gift for someone you know is a Western manga fan. The standalone Warcraft Manga books have been reprinted a few times, after sold out. Grab this special bonus collection.
Reading Chris Metzen’s letter made me wonder if we were twins separated at birth. Except I am roughly a year or two older. He leaks out so much passion for the Warcraft universe. Some times I wish I was working at Blizzard as a Quest Designer.
To boot the upcoming 2008 Warcraft Manga based on Burning Crusade is finally titled. Seems like ages since Knaak revealed to me a Burning Crusade-inspired manga was coming. It was merely in conversation stage between Metzen and Knaak. Not official or guaranteed back then. Now it is titled and aiming a 2008 release.
Knaak recently revealed some details of the upcoming Burning Crusade manga and the new novel in our recent video interview, hosted by Kazo and Rafo at the Istrocon manga expo in Slovakia.
Want more warcraft? Then don’t miss the new trilogy debuting in 2008 from Richard A. Knaak and Jae-Hwan Kim!
WARCRAFT MANGA: DRAGONS OF OUTLAND
Tyrygosa and Jorad Mace may have triumphed over the undead in their quest for the Sunwell, but can even this dauntless duo survive a ruined dimension populated by dragons that should not exist?
Read Chris Metzen’s letter below …