Blizzard has released Warcraft III and Frozen Throne patch 1.24 where the scripting of malicious code through map files has been fixed. The World Editor also got a lot of new changes.
PC WORLD EDITOR CHANGES
- Added new JASS hash table functions to replace the lost functionality from
fixing unsafe type casting.
- Hash Table – Save Item Handle
- Hash Table – Save Unit Handle
- Hash Table – Load Item Handle
- Hash Table – Load Unit Handle
- Hash Table – Get Handle ID
- Fixed an exploit related to unsafe type casting that allowed users to
execute arbitrary code in maps.
- Fixed the JASS unsafe type casting exploit (“return bug”).
- Fixed several World Editor crashes.