About a week ago, Blizzard released Warcraft III: Frozen Throne patch 1.22 with various bug fixes. If you find problems installing the patch or even logging into battle.net, the best way to handle the situation is to uninstall Warcraft III, and re-install. Then download patches through battle.net.
– There is now a replay auto-save feature in the options menu. Replays are automatically saved to the “replay” folder.
– The game is now automatically saved in the event of a potential disconnect. These saved games are placed in the “save” folder.
– Player color selection can now be limited by the number of players in the game using an option in the “Advanced Options” screen during game
– Added an option to always show unit and building health bars.
– You can now enable and disable the display of minimap signals from players and other observers using chat commands:
/showminimapsignals and /hideminimapsignals.
– Added a new in-game cheat “maxfps” to limit the maximum frame rate to the given number. Example: “maxfps 30” will set the maximum frame rate to 30 FPS.
– Scout Tower repair rate changed from 12 to 20.
– Knight damage increased: Attack cooldown changed from 1.50 to 1.40 and base damage increased from 25 to 28 (Average damage is 34).
– Increased Ziggurat base armor from 1 to 5.
– Reduced the build time of the Necropolis from 120 to 100.
– Reduce the Orb of venom poison duration from 10 seconds to 8 seconds.
– Increase the experience gain from Dryads from Level 2 (40xp) to Level 3 (60 xp).
– The cooldown on unlimited usable items (example: the staff of preservation) now persists after the item is dropped or traded.
– A cooldown exploit with potions has been fixed.
– When you unburrow a Crypt Fiend, its auto-cast will no longer be toggled off.
– An exploit bug in which items could lose their cooldowns when transferred between heroes has been fixed.
– Fixed DotA-specific sound effects on Intel Macs.
– Fixed sound falloff on Intel Macs. Distant sounds should now still be
– New maps from contest winners: