Posts Tagged ‘Diablo III: Reaper of Souls’
PlayStation®4 players can now experience the full adventure of Blizzard’s epic action RPG, Diablo® III, and the upcoming expansion, Reaper of Souls™ . . . all from the comfort of their couch in Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition! Take on the role of one of six powerful character classes— Barbarian, Demon Hunter, Monk, Witch Doctor, Wizard, or the all-new Crusader—and embark on a dark journey through Acts I-V to save the world of Sanctuary from ancient and sinister forces. With the new DUALSHOCK®4 wireless controller and a custom-designed console interface, players will be outfitted with touch pad functionality and new social features as they engage in pulse-pounding combat with hordes of monsters and acquire items of incredible power.
For more details, visit http://www.diablo3.com/console
- The complete adventures of Act I-V, which takes players from the besieged town of New Tristram to the ancient halls of the Pandemonium Fortress
- Six powerful character classes to choose from: Barbarian, Demon Hunter, Monk, Witch Doctor, Wizard, and the all-new Crusader
- Newly designed loot system and offline gameplay mode designed to take advantage of the fast-paced action of the console platform
- Hardcore mode for players who seek the thrill of constant peril that comes with the possibility of permanent death for their character
- Direct character control and new DUALSHOCK®4 functionality such as color-coded player indicators for same-screen coop and touch pad shortcuts to keep players in the action
- Seamless cooperative play featuring four-player online co-op and four-player local co-op games
- PlayStation® Network support, which will allow you to connect with friends, send game invitations, and access voice chat
- All the new and exciting features coming with Reaper of Souls™:
- Customize your hero’s appearance and augment your items’ power with a new artisan, the Mystic
- Battle a new menagerie of fiendish monsters slavering for the chance to feast upon Sanctuary’s heroes
- Never stop exploring with Adventure Mode, where all waypoints are unlocked—the world is your battlefield
- Engage in Nephalem Rifts, formerly known as Loot Runs, to test your mettle in 10-20 minute dungeons consisting of randomized areas, monsters, and bosses
- Take on Bounties for fun and rewarding objective-based challenges
Check out far more on the Blizzplanet’s BlizzCon 2013 Coverage page — screenshots, videos, interviews and panel transcripts.
The Diablo III: Reaper of Souls press kit given to Blizzplanet contained several gameplay screenshots of the Crusader class in action against the new monsters created by Malthael, the Archangel of Death.
Diablo III: Reaper of Souls will introduce a new end-game feature named Nephalem Trials. These special portals will open to offer really cool challenge-based encounters.
These Nephalem Trials spawn randomly in the world.
Some of these challenges include waves and waves of monsters. The quickly you deal with them get rewarded with a number of resplendant chests.
There are many things yet to be announced about Diablo III: Reaper of Souls at BlizzCon — according to Josh Mosqueira. The size of ACT V is comparable in size to ACT II.
Blizzard Entertainment revealed the Diablo III: Reaper of Souls expansion trailer at GamesCom during a press event held at 11:30am CEST.
The Crusader is a new mid-range melee class wielding a longsword and a shield. The class is based on the Diablo II Paladin. The demonstration shows a Death Maiden in the Cathedral of the Zakarum.
The Angel of Wisdom Malthael plays a big role in the story as a villain. He will command dead angels as the Archangel of Death to punish Sanctuary and the remaining demons of the Burning Hells.
Archangel Malthael sees humanity as the largest group of demons, and wants to eradicate them. Tyrael and the new Horadrim wanted to hide the Black Soulstone deep beneath Sanctuary; but Archangel Malthael stole the Black Soulstone. (as seen in the cinematic below)
The level cap has increased to level 70 and the expansion will introduce a new ACT.
The expansion will also focus on upgrades to the Paragon levels. New monsters include the Summoner of the Death, The Seraph and the Death Maiden. — fallen angels.
A new artisan will offer transmo services to change the appearance of your armor for that of another armor like in World of Warcraft.
Paragon levels will now be account-wide rather than individual characters. There is no cap to Paragon levels (Unlimited Paragon Levels). A return of an attribute system which uses Paragon points.
The Diablo III: Reaper of Souls is now playable at GamesCom where attendees can play as the Crusader class.
The new environment setting is gothic-medieval in nature in the lands of Westmarch.
Handclaw is at the press event taking video of the press event for Blizzplanet. The video will be available at a later time. Stay tuned. Additionally, Blizzard Entertainment scheduled an interview slot for Blizzplanet on Friday, August 23 with the Diablo III (PS3) team.
Further details of the Diablo III expansion will be revealed at BlizzCon this upcoming November 8-9th.
Malthael, the Angel of Death, has seized the Black Soulstone. It falls to the heroes of Sanctuary to stop him before he unleashes its dark power on the world. Today at gamescom, Blizzard Entertainment announced Diablo III: Reaper of Souls, the upcoming expansion to the fastest-selling PC game of all time. See the press release to learn more about this dark new chapter in the ongoing struggle between angels and demons over the fate of mankind.
The news is spreading so quick the hashtag Reaper of Souls have started trending on Twitter along with the hashtag Diablo 3.