In the upcoming weeks, Karune will organize a special Q&A specifically for Starcraft map editors.
Chat with Devs: The StarCraft II team is trying out what it would be like to have the Ghost as a Tier 1.5 unit without stealth, keeping the stealth ability as an upgrade at a later Tier.
This will be quite interesting since their snipe ability could provide much support to a group of Marines, picking off key units such as Medics, Templars, etc.
Again, give devs and me a w00t! if you are enjoying these Q&As!
—-StarCraft II Q&A Batch 14—-
1. Will there be Vespean Gas deposits that yield better rates, the same as yellow crystals? (starcrafttwo.com)
It is very likely that there will be higher yield Vespean Gas deposits, though we are being very careful in balancing this, since gas collection is based on a more linear rate of collection (3 collectors) versus mineral collection.
2. What happens if you initiate the warp-in of a Protoss Stalker but the pylon providing power is destroyed before warp-in completes?
If you lose the pylon providing power for the unit warping in, you will lose that unit, and the purchasing credits will likely be refunded.
3. Could the Colossus be transported by the Phase Prism, since the Prism’s crystal can turn any matter into energy? (mymym.com)
Yes, the new Phase Prism now transports by changing the unit they wish to transport into energy, which is stored in the Phase Prism for transport. This allows the Phase Prism to be able to transport even gigantic units such as the Colossus.
4. What happens if a Terran Battlecruiser targets a Protoss Stalker with the Yamato Cannon but the Stalker blinks away before the shot is completed?
Currently, the shot from the Yamato Cannon will still track and hit the Protoss Stalker.
5. Will Dark Templars be invisible when warping in, or susceptible to attack for a few seconds before it fades out?
No, currently the Dark Templar will be invisible the instant it begins to warp-in, though of course we are still testing this for balance as it makes the Dark Templar quite strong in back door drops.
6) Do the bunkers have any visual indication as to whether or not they’re occupied?
Currently the bunkers do not have any visual indications to whether it is occupied or not, but this is something we would like to change.
—-End of Transmission—- Karune
RTS Community Manager | Blizzard Entertainment