Starcraft 2 - Zerg Unveiled
March 10th 9:40am – It is said from South Korea that Starcraft2.com (US) will unveil the Zerg webpage on March 11th.
March 10th 12:20am – High Resolution Images by Thisisgame.com
Everyone is screaming while held tight on their seats in an euphoric ecstasis. However, one thing seems certain … with the Zerg race officially unveiled, this means only one thing: Starcraft 2 Beta Test might happen any time between April-June. The 2008 Blizzard Worldwide Invitationals (Paris, France) will happen on June. Here hoping Beta is soon.
Update: March 9th 11:15pm – New Starcraft II Cinematic Video from GameTrailers. Transcript by Edfishy.
We are Swarm.
We burned a path of annihilation across the stars.
And then—We vanished.
Four years ago we faded into the shadows.
Now, the time has come for us to step back … into … the light.
Now, worlds will tremble once again.
Empires will fall.
Alliances(?) will shatter.
We are the swarm.
But we are becoming … much… much more.
For the final metamorphasis has only just begun.
UPDATE: March 9th 10:22pm EST – SCLegacy is getting hammered. And I am getting multiple people whispering me findings on the net. This is crazy. Edfishy from Project Revolution Team just gave me a heads up of some Korean forums linking these images.
From GameFAQ, YYZ reports the following:
- Upgrades from the Overlord and now has an attack. The Overlord doesn’t have detection. You must upgrade to Overseer in order to gain detection of burrowed and invisible enemy units. However, the detection range has been increased.
- The queen is a vastly different unit. She has the powerful ability to control Zerg base defense. The queen can create special structures and extend creep. It has the ability to create toxic creep. And it can make buildings regenerate faster. You can only create one Queen at a time on the map. It has an ability named Deep Tunnel which allows it to move to any hatchery spread on the map.
- The roach is a very fast moving unit with 90 hit points that recovers health quickly. Requires sustained damage to effectively kill it.
- The infestor replaces the defiler. It can cast dark swarm. It may move toward the enemy while burrowed. Disease seems to mimic the Science Vessel’s irradiation. The Infestor can infest any building including barracks.
- The corruptor attacks air units. Instead of destroying them, it “corrupts” them possessing the enemy unit. It can cause a large group of units to fight each other, quickly turning the tide of the battle.
- The swarm guardian is much like the original guardian, but it can now also create broodlings and has a longer range of attack.
- The Ultralisk can now burrow.
More info translated to english at TeamLiquid. (Thanks, Entropy).