Blizzard is gearing up for the imminent release of Wrath of the Lich King. Fans will have a taste of new changes in the World of Warcraft: Burning Crusade live servers with the release of patch 3.0.2 codenamed Echoes of Doom.
We plan to implement the following features in the next major patch.
Please note that this list is a sneak peek at just a few highlights of the next patch. It does not contain every addition, change, or bug fix that will be implemented.
The upcoming Echoes of Doom patch will set the stage for the November release of World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King—and help you prepare for your first foray into Northrend.
- New class spells and talents: Players will have access to each class’s revamped talent tree, including the new 51-point talents.
- Stormwind Harbor: Visit the newly constructed Stormwind Harbor, where Alliance players will be able book passage to Northrend come Wrath of the Lich King’s release.
- Barbershops in capital cities: Customize a character’s look with a stylish haircut, a shave, and other trimmings.
- New zeppelin towers: New air-travel platforms for the Horde will be erected outside Orgrimmar and in Tirisfal Glades.
- Two brand-new Arenas: The new player-vs.-player Arenas will feature challenging new layouts, terrain hazards, and moving obstacles.
- Hunter pet skill revamp: Hunters will be able to customize their pets’ abilities in a whole new way.
- New Inscription profession: Customize your favorite spells and abilities by taking up this new primary profession.
- New user-interface options: Save bag space with the revamped mount and non-combat pet storage system, and keep your guild organized with the new in-game calendar.
- Achievement system: Start unlocking achievements and earning points for your reputation levels, profession masteries, and quest accomplishments.
- …and much more!