Patch 2.1 will have a Spam-prevention Filter to halt the rampaging whisper assaults players have been suffering in the past few weeks.
Drysc: “With the upcoming Black Temple patch, we will be introducing new features aimed directly at reducing the amount of repetitive and unwanted whispers, chat text, and mail. Our goal with these new features is to not only increase the ease of reporting spam, but also to automatically restrict it. Following the implementation of these features, we will continue to monitor for chat and mail abuse and take further action as needed.
Here are some of the new spam-prevention features going into the new patch.
- Players will now be able to report chat and mail spam with the click of a button. A “Report Spam” option will now be available by right-clicking on a player’s name in a chat channel, whisper, or mail. Using this option will quickly and easily report the player to our in-game support department for review.
- When you report a player, he or she will automatically be added to your ignore list for your current session. You won’t see any chat or mail from that player until you log out and back in.
- These tools function on a per-account basis, meaning that reporting one character on an account will ignore all chat text and mail from that entire account until you log off.
- You will not be able to report players on your friends list or in your guild.
- Players will no longer be able to send large amounts of text at one time, filling a chat screen with a repeating message, large blocks of gibberish, or text that could disrupt an entire conversation. This throttling, along with the new chat-reporting feature should make it much easier to keep unwanted text off your screen before it becomes overwhelming.”