- Update: New Lunar Festival Pet? After visiting Moonglade, Valadar Starsong (Coin of Ancestry Collector) now has a new vanity pet named Festival Lantern (Horde) or Lunar Lantern (Alliance). It costs 50 Coins of Ancestry. Counts toward the Littlest Pet Shop achievement. These are BOE, and can be sold in cross-faction Auction House (AH).
The Lunar Festival 2012 has begun. It will last from January 22nd until February 12th. The Elders of Cataclysm Achievement is easily accomplished. There are only nine Elders to worry about.
This is the order in which I recommend visiting the Elders of Cataclysm. I’d start with the hardest one: Vash’jir. Reasoning here, and to make sense, is to use the Hearthstone right away so that the 15-minute cooldown is over by the time you complete some of the easy Elders. You don’t want to be stranded in Uldum or Vash’jir for several minutes, or travel just to teleport to the next destination.
Other alternatives for those who aren’t mages, don’t forget you might have the Wrap of Unity or Shroud of Cooperation cloak (Guild Vendor reward). These might help to teleport you back to Orgrimmar or Stormwind.
- Moonlance the Elder: Located in Biel’aran Ridge. It can be seen at the southeastern corner of the Shimmering Expanse. The Elder is found at the southernmost village icon of Biel’aran Ridge in the map. (57,86). Use the hearthstone.
- Stonebrand the Elder: Located at the entrance of the Temple of Earth
- Deepforge the Elder: Located in Stonehearth (southwestern edge of Deepholm)
**Go back to Temple of Earth to teleport back to Orgrimmar or Stormwind.
- Darkfeather the Elder: Located in the middle of Thundermar Ruins
- Firebeard the Elder: Located at the Dunward Town Square
**Go back to Dragonmaw Port or Highbank to teleport to Orgrimmar or Stormwind.
- Evershade the Elder: Nordrassil — She’s outside the Nordrassil Inn standing next to the Stormwind portal.
- Windsong the Elder: Sanctuary of Malorne
- Menkhaf the Elder: Khartut’s Tomb. Bit tricky to find. He’s on the east side of the massive Tol’vir statue on the player graveyard.
- Sekhemi the Elder: The Ruins of Ammon