Blizzard Entertainment is looking for an exceptionally skilled concept artist for a team focused on next-generation massively multiplayer online games. The ideal candidate has experience concept drawing and illustrating a diverse visual range of characters, creatures, weapons, architecture, and environments. An exceptional understanding of form, structure, color, and light is essential, as is a creative imagination. The concept artist should have a basic understanding of game art creation (low-poly modeling and texturing) and be well-versed in related tools—Photoshop, Painter, Maya, 3DS Max, etc. The ideal candidate works well in an environment of peers who are passionate about making great games. For more information, check out the posting.
- Experience with Photoshop, Painter, etc.
- A basic understanding of using 3DS Max and/or Maya
- An exceptional understanding of human and creature anatomy and a keen eye towards form, shape, structure, and silhouette in regards to illustration and design
- Superior eye for light, value, composition, color, staging, and detail in environmental design
- Understanding of the distinctive Blizzard Entertainment visual style and a passion to push it to the next level
- The ability to carry an idea from the conceptual phase to the finished illustration and an understanding of translating these ideas to real-time game environments
- Good communication skills
- Team-player attitude
- A passion for games
- Skill in one or more of the related creation tasks—modeling, texturing, or animation
- Have shipped AAA PC or console titles as a concept artist
- Strong foundation in the traditional arts, including but not limited to figure drawing, landscape painting, and illustration
- A passion for developing online games
Please send demo reel and descriptions as well as a cover letter, resume, and salary history in separate Word format documents to firstname.lastname@example.org