Blizzard Entertainment has gone nuts and have opened the gates of hell — I mean the gates of beta keys wide open. Two-Thousand BETA KEYS — holy moly, your chances to win are bigger than any other Blizzard contest you have participated ever.
Update: Before going “Yeeha!”, read the rules and eligibility page. Here’s the most crucial part: “This Blizzard sweepstake is only open to residents of United States, (excluding U.S. Territories and possessions), Canada (excluding Province of Quebec), Mexico, United Kingdom, Germany, Austria, Italy, Turkey, Switzerland, Hungary, France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Sweden, Finland, Norway, Spain, Poland, Serbia, Croatia, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Belarus, Ukraine, Russia, Ireland and Taiwan.” *Thanks, Nightblade.
Wanna get a beta key? Follow this Facebook link.
Diablo Facebook: Want to lead the charge against the minions of the Burning Hells before the game releases? Then join the fight for the fate of Sanctuary by entering the Diablo III Beta Key Sweepstakes!
For a limited time, those who follow the official Diablo Facebook Page from Blizzard Entertainment can enter for a chance to win admission into the Diablo III beta test!
Blizzard Entertainment is giving away 2000 keys for the exclusive Diablo III beta test over the next four weeks. If you want to lead the charge against the minions of the Burning Hells before the game’s official release – follow Diablo on Facebook and enter the drawing now for your chance to win.
Blizzard: Want to lead the charge against the minions of the Burning Hells before the game releases? Then join the fight for the fate of Sanctuary by entering the Diablo III Beta Key Sweepstakes!
Starting October 17, we’ll be randomly selecting 200 winners each week to receive a key to our exclusive Diablo III beta test. In addition, every fourth winner chosen will receive a second key to share with a friend! Drawings will occur every Monday for eight weeks for a total 2,000 keys.
Interested? Good! Signing up is easy. Simply follow Diablo on Facebook and complete our official entry form between now and December 12 for your chance to win. For more information about how to participate, check out the sweepstakes rules and eligibility page. Good luck!
Check out the Rules and Eligibility page:
1. Eligibility. BLIZZARD ENTERTAINMENT, INC., A DELAWARE CORPORATION (referred to herein as “SPONSOR”) IS THE SPONSOR OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES. THIS SWEEPSTAKES (THE “SWEEPSTAKES”) IS OPEN ONLY TO RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES (EXCLUDING THE U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS), CANADA (EXCLUDING THE PROVINCE OF QUEBEC), MEXICO, ARGENTINA, THE UNITED KINGDOM, GERMANY, AUSTRIA, ITALY, TURKEY, SWITZERLAND, HUNGARY, FRANCE, BELGIUM, LUXEMBOURG, SWEDEN, FINLAND, NORWAY, SPAIN, POLAND, SERBIA, CROATIA, BULGARIA, CZECH REPUBLIC, BELARUS, UKRAINE, RUSSIA, IRELAND AND TAIWAN, WHO ARE OF THE AGE OF MAJORITY AS OF OCTOBER 11, 2011, AND WHO ARE NOT RESIDENTS OF THE PROVINCE OF QUEBEC, CANADA. IF YOU DO NOT MEET THESE REQUIREMENTS, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. Sponsor directors, officers and employees of Sponsor, its respective parents, affiliate companies, subsidiaries, agents, professional advisors, advertising and promotional agencies (collectively, “Released Parties”), and immediate families (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and household members, whether or not related, of each are not eligible to enter or win any prizes. All applicable laws and regulations apply. Sweepstakes is void where prohibited. Limit one entry per drawing during Sweepstakes, and an individual entrant may only win one prize during the Sweepstakes.
2. Disclaimer. Released Parties are not be responsible for: (a) lost, late, incomplete, inaccurate, stolen, misdirected, undelivered or garbled entries; (b) lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or © other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prizes or in any Sweepstakes-related materials. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to participants’ or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes
3. Sweepstakes Period. The Sweepstakes shall commence on October 11, 2011 at 12:01 AM Pacific Time (“PT”), and end on December 12, 2011, at 11:59 PM PT (“Sweepstakes Period”).
4. How to Enter the Sweepstakes. To enter the Sweepstakes, a qualified entrant will need to complete the entry form located at www.facebook.com/Diablo.
5. Prizes. Each Tuesday during the Contest, Sponsor shall randomly select One Hundred Fifty (150) qualified entrants who will receive one (1) Diablo III Beta Test Key, and fifty (50) qualified entrants who will receive two (2) Diablo III Beta Test Keys.
UPDATE: A Blizzard Representative responds the reasons some countries are left out. Basically, each country has their own laws which prevent Blizzard Entertainment from opening up giveaways and contests.
- Hey Aice, I can perfectly understand your point here. You’re correct, some countries are usually not able to take part in some of our promotions / offers / deals / sweepstakes.
First of all, I would like to point out that there is no benefit to us to not offering these promotions in all European countries. We always try to reach out to all of our players and we definitely don’t want to keep countries out of the loop. Unfortunately, this isn’t always our call.
Every country has different legal restrictions, and this restrictions will determine if a particular offer or initiative will be available to a specific country.
I cannot go into details because there are just too many examples, it’s impossible to examine them on a case by case basis.
Long story short, some of our initiatives are classified as “gambling” in some countries, as “pyramid schemes” in others, and so on. Some laws just state that any promotion, deal, or offer that allows additional benefits to be gained as a result of bringing further people to the game would be classed as unacceptable.
As you can imagine, it’s a difficult situation, but we’re definitely aware of the fact that all of our players would like to have the opportunity of taking part in our initiatives.
We don’t care about the number of players we have in a specific country, we just want to involve as many people as possible.
If you believe that we may be missing out a country that would indeed allow this kind of scheme without issue then you’re welcome to contact our legal team purely to draw their attention to the situation.