Blizzard Job Opening: Business Planning Director
Business Planning Principal / Director
Office: Irvine, California, United States
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a brilliant, analytical, self-motivated, and highly organized principal for business planning. This position requires an excellent analytic mind, passion for video games, and understanding of the video game and technology markets. The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator with creative problem-solving skills and be an unparalleled multi-tasker that is able to move fluidly between projects while maintaining focus on the ‘big picture.’ Relationship building and project management will be key to the success of this role. Understanding technology and video game development processes is required.
- Research and develop solutions to reach Blizzard Entertainment’s 3 year strategic goals.
- Develop business plans and strategies to execute short and long term goals.
- Assist senior management in due diligence analysis for potential mergers and acquisitions.
- Monitor effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of social media programs, and analyze the effectiveness of new tools and technologies.
- Analyze technology trends and implications for the business.
- Translate business goals into tactical requirements for each function within the company.
- Define project tasks and resource requirements for multiple strategies.
- Monitor and report progress on projects to stakeholders consistently and with detail.
- Implement and manage project changes to achieve desired goals.
- Self-starter, work with limited direction and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Exceptional attention to detail and analytical capabilities
- Proven experience at a senior level, developing business plans and company-wide strategy
- Strong financial and business acumen
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A passion for video gaming, specifically Blizzard Entertainment games
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Previous experience in the gaming, and / or entertainment industry
- Strategy consulting experience at a top tier consulting firm
Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. and its affiliated companies is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.