Blizzard just released the patch notes for 2.0.11 that will be released later this week. There is just minor bug fixes this time. For an example, they changed the bug that resulted in losses for both teams in 4vs4 play.
Editorial note: The patch heavily addressed multiplayer specific issues if you read carefully. A possible reason for this is the World Championship Series (WCS) Season 2 Finals are taking place at GamesCom 2013 as we speak. Check out the GamesCom WCS schedule.
- Fixed an issue that caused in-game Victory screens to display incorrect fonts.
- English strings are now properly displayed in the enGB version of the Split 1v1 and Streamlined custom observer UIs.
- 4v4 matches no longer result in losses for both teams.
- Fixed an issue that could sometimes cause players to encounter an “Input Limit Reached” error when loading map lists on the Custom Games page.
- Army Value is now the default graph displayed in the Graphs tab on the Score Screen.
Gameplay and Races
- Hovering the mouse over double wide Collapsible Towers now properly displays two Destructible Debris preview images.
- Thors now display the correct control group icon while in Explosive Payload mode.
- The Thor’s High Impact Payload and Explosive Payload abilities are now properly suppressed while under the effect of Fungal Growth.
- Wireframe tooltips are now properly displayed for Thors in High Impact Payload.
- The Void Ray attack icon now updates appropriately when Protoss Air Weapon upgrades are researched.
- Baneling, Brood Lord, Infested Terran, and Overseer cocoons are now properly selected when using the Select Army Units button.
- Burrowed Queens are no longer selected when using the Select Army Units button.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when loading a saved game created from a session in which the player changed graphic settings.
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur with Phoenix-style paired attacks.
- Fixed an issue in which transparent models with different colored halos could cause the halos to flicker and display incorrect colors.
- Fixed an issue where users were encountering long load times when loading into a map from the editor.
The Swedish Tax Agency wants every Swedish gamer that earns money from online-gaming to pay tax for the money earned. There are a few games where you can earn money in-game for example Second Life and Diablo 3. The gamer needs to register all earned money from gaming to the tax agency; but this isn’t that easy since the gamer needs to know who the buyer is.
The criteria for the tax is that the seller is from Sweden and that he is a person that can pay taxes. This means that if the gamer is selling items on an online auction house, or something similar; he/she needs to find out who the seller is, and if the seller can pay tax, then report this.
There won’t be that many sellers reporting this income to The Swedish Tax Agency. This law seems pointless to me, would be nice to see a follow up on this from the tax office next year to see if there was actually anyone paying taxes for their earnings.
Source: Read the full standpoint in this matter. (Article in Swedish, use google translate to read it)
The ASUS ROG Summer 2013 tournament was held in Helsinki, Finland last weekend and we could see Taeja, MC and HyuN in the tournament roster. We could also find San, DieStar and Socke in the among the qualified players. If you don’t want to get spoiled you should stop here and watch the VOD’s before reading trough the whole post.
There wasn’t any big upsets in the first group stage round, and all the Korean players except MC qualified for the second group stage round. Six of the top eight players ended up being Koreans. Only Goswser and Happy managed to get out of the second group stage. Notable is that the qualifying player San managed to beat HyuN with 3-0 in the semifinals. But in the end he had to step back when TaeJa won the final with 3-1.
Round of 8
Happy < Alicia 1-3
TaeJa > Goswser 3-1
StarDust < HyuN 2-3
DongRaeGu > San 0-3
Alicia < TaeJa 2-3
HyuN < San 0-3
TaeJa > San 3-1
Download the replays here
To learn more about the ASUS ROS Summer 2013 final results visit the official website: http://www.asusrogtournament.com
Image source: https://www.facebook.com/rognordic
A new Chrome theme was recently released by Thunderclaww. This time it’s a theme based on the Diablo 3 Act 1 graphics. You can also choose to use his older themes; Heaven and Hell.
Follow Thunderclaww on Twitter for more updates
Blizzard released a small update on the 1.0.8a patch where they changed smaller issues with the Barbarian and the UI. The biggest visual update in the patch will be in the real money auction house where you can buy stack of 10 million gold instead of 1 million.
Here is the complete list of changes made in the 1.0.8a – v.188.8.131.5203 patch:
- Made improvements to address “rubberbanding” issues encountered when using movement-based abilities like Tempest Rush, Strafe, and Whirlwind
- The stack size of gold on the real-money auction house has been increased again to 10 million (up from 1 million)
- Passive Skills
- Inspiring Presence
- Will once again be displayed under Life per Second on the character sheet
- Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue introduced in Patch 1.0.8 that prevented Item Label Display preferences from being saved
- Fixed an issue introduced in Patch 1.0.8 causing dungeon exits to sometimes be placed in abnormally close proximity to the entrance
- Fixed an issue introduced in Patch 1.0.8 that prevented players with Starter Edition accounts from being upgraded when playing in an IGR