Tomorrow is one of those days Blizzard fans await with hype and expectation. The Activision Blizzard Third Quarter Calendar 2011 Results Conference Call will be broadcast online tomorrow Nov 08, 2011 at 1:30 PM PDT.
Blizzard CEO Mike Morhaime might announce an approximate timeline for Diablo III release date and/or a push to open up Diablo III beta to more people. Beta invitation emails are sent out very often anyway, but with the Diablo III Patch 5 out there might be a need to have more server stress testers.
It’s very hard to think Morhaime could announce StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm or World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria beta testing this early after BlizzCon. Probably an important status report on their development. Both demos were playable at BlizzCon 2011 a few weeks ago, so never say never. It would be unprecedented to see Blizzard ship three titles in 2012, but it seems that’s the internal plan. The games feel right enough to enter beta testing. We’ll have to wait and see.
Jay Wilson and the Diablo III Team were dodgy when asked about Diablo III console version, but managed to say during the BlizzCon 2011 Diablo III Q&A panel (check out our transcript) that they are still hiring developers for the Diablo III console team, and currently focused on control UI. Could Morhaime announce officially a Diablo III console? Maybe. It’s only been a couple of weeks since BlizzCon. I wouldn’t hold my breath on this one.
Release date of World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Patch 4.3: The Hour of Twilight? Very likely. At least a status on the content patch that will introduce the Deathwing encounter, and the three Caverns of Time 5-player dungeons, Transmogrification feature, and other perks. Just a few days ago, the Blizzard background downloader began sending Patch 4.3 data.
There have been conference calls with barely any significant new updates, but more often than not we can hear something juicy from Blizzard CEO Mike Morhaime at these events.
- ATVI Q2 2011 – August 3.2011 – Morhaime reveals Diablo III Beta
- ATVI Q1 2011 – May 9.2011 – Morhaime announced internal Diablo III testing and BlizzCon ticket sale
- ATVI Q4 2010 – Feb 9.2011 – No news. More of a Status update
- ATVI Q3 2010 – Nov 4.2010 – No news. More of a Status update
- ATVI Q4 2009 – Feb 10, 2010– Morhaime announces StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty Mid-2010 release, WoW: Cataclysm, Auction House iPhone app, Windrider/Gryphon Pet
- ATVI Q4 2009 – Feb 10.2010 – Morhaime announces StarCraft II Beta