Activision Blizzard announced the upcoming First Quarter 2012 financial results conference call will take place after the close of the market on Wednesday, May 9th, 2012.
The conference call will be broadcast over the Internet at 1:30 pm Pacific Time ( 4:30 pm Eastern Time ).
Some Conference Calls haven’t had special announcements, but Blizzard CEO Mike Morhaime has used the platform to announce approximate dates for upcoming beta testing, Blizzcon details, new virtual pets via the Blizzard Online Store, and other news of interest.
For example, a few years ago, Morhaime announced StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty beta would start within 2 weeks. Last conference call (Q4 2011) held on February 2012, Mike Morhaime revealed plans to launch Diablo III on Q2 2012, and mentioned the Mists of Pandaria press event.
Possible topics Mike Morhaime might talk on May 9th:
- StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm beta (approximate quarter)
- World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria beta (probably new feature to be made available to beta testers)
- Project Titan — Next-Gen MMO (a teaser or status of some sort without much details)
Previous Activision Blizzard Conference Call Transcripts
- ATVI Q4 2011 – February 8.2012
- ATVI Q2 2011 – August 3.2011 – Morhaime reveals Diablo III Beta
- ATVI Q1 2011 – May 9.2011 – Morhaime announced internal Diablo III testing and BlizzCon ticket sale
- ATVI Q4 2010 – Feb 9.2011 – No news. More of a Status update
- ATVI Q3 2010 – Nov 4.2010 – No news. More of a Status update
- ATVI Q4 2009 – Feb 10, 2010- Morhaime announces StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty Mid-2010 release, WoW: Cataclysm, Auction House iPhone app, Windrider/Gryphon Pet
- ATVI Q4 2009 – Feb 10.2010 – Morhaime announces StarCraft II Beta