We’re pleased to announce that tickets for the 2008 Blizzard Entertainment Worldwide Invitational will be available next week on the Worldwide Invitational website.
This year’s Worldwide Invitational will be held here in Europe, at the Porte de Versailles Exposition Centre in Paris, France, on the 28th and 29th of June. Both days of the event will feature a variety of activities including hands-on play with the latest versions of World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King and StarCraft II! You’ll also have the chance to meet Blizzard executives and developers in discussion panels and signing sessions, participate in community tournaments, dance, costume and machinima contests, watch top eSports competitors from around the world play in exciting invitational tournaments and much more! Tickets are priced at 70 € / £55 for the two-day event and can be purchased by credit or debit card.
Please note that you must be 16 years or above to attend the Worldwide Invitational, unless accompanied by a consenting parent, guardian or responsible adult of 18 years or above.
To give you an insight into what will be taking place at the Blizzard Entertainment Worldwide Invitational 2008, we’ve compiled a list of some of the attractions awaiting you. Please note that this list is not complete – we will be unveiling more exciting news in the coming days and weeks! Over the weekend of June 28th and 29th, we will offer you more than 12 hours each day of activities and live on-stage entertainment, including:
- Discussion panels with Blizzard developers: Members from the development teams of Blizzard games including World of Warcraft and StarCraft II will be sharing all their latest news in public presentations, as well as taking your questions.
- Artist and developer signings: Various artists and developers from your favorite Blizzard games will be on-hand to sign your game boxes, books, or exclusive Blizzard merchandise available in the goodie bag that you receive when entering the event!
- Hands-on play with the latest builds of World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King and StarCraft II: Be among the first to try out all the newest features of our upcoming World of Warcraft expansion and the long-awaited sequel to StarCraft at the Worldwide Invitational!
- A silent auction: Submit a hidden bid for the chance to win exclusive Blizzard-themed items for your personal collection.
- Dance, Costume and Machinima contests: The Worldwide Invitational will offer you the chance to show your talent and enthusiasm by competing in a variety of contests. Dress up as your favorite character from any of the Blizzard game universes, bring that night elf dance to live perfection, or show your skills in creating machinima to the world. You’ll be able to find more details on the contests and instructions on how to sign up for them on this website in the future.
- Loot! In addition to the goody bag that every attendee will receive, there will also be a variety of souvenirs, including exclusive commemorative 2008 Blizzard Entertainment Worldwide Invitational items, available in the Blizzard store and as contest prizes.
- Tournaments: The 2008 Blizzard Entertainment Worldwide Invitational will feature exciting eSport invitational tournaments, drawing top Warcraft III, StarCraft and World of Warcraft Arena players from around the world. In addition to these professional gaming matches, community player tournaments will allow you show your skills for fun and glory – and some exclusive tournament prizes.
- Live musical performances and much, much more…